As a healthcare transformation company, Health Catalyst is intimately aware of the factors that lead to successful outcomes improvement. For over 10 years, this next-generation data, analytics, and decision-support company has developed deep relationships with providers, from the C-Suite to a range of sophisticated operators, helping them transform data-driven insights into outcome improvement and outcome improvement.
Our partnerships model supplements ongoing real-world data and real-world evidence strategies. We have created a stepwise implementation model in which life sciences companies can compliantly utilize real-world data to generate real-world evidence, guide clinical development, outcomes research and commercialization, implement population-level programs into the clinical workflow across the Health Catalyst provider ecosystem. Only then can drug developers understand how their product performs in the real-world clinical setting and if they need to adjust their indications to keep patients safe while receiving optimal benefit, as well as properly inform regulatory process. As the life sciences industry increasingly partners with health systems, one at a time, Health Catalyst can help life sciences reach a network of over 120 multi-payer and geographically diverse provider clients consisting of 5,000+ clinics and 500+ hospitals through our access points.
Figure 1: Outcomes Improvement Driven by Real-World Evidence
Unlike traditional claims data, Health Catalyst derives its extended real-world data from the reality of providing care to a wide variety of patients across distinct sites of care. Health Catalyst has integrated over 350 sources of data, including clinical data, claims, total cost of care, and patient information in a real-world data platform, Touchstone Suite. Touchstone has more than 80 million patients with 40 trillion facts comprising clinical, molecular, financial data elements represented across our core provider business. Our aim is not to simply link together disparate data sources, but rather to bring forth the necessary data to enable better patient care.
Figure 2: Touchstone™ Suite: Extended Real-World Data Platform
Accessing the Right Real-World Evidence
To meet regulatory standards, RWE must derive from comprehensive and unbiased data (i.e., sourced from an organization that uses data for outcomes improvement versus selling data commercially), as well as pass additional scrutiny. Within today’s healthcare industry, a healthcare transformation company is uniquely positioned to derive RWD from RWE. With the following essential capabilities, an organization such as Health Catalyst maintains high-quality and comprehensive data to produce RWE:
- Measuring real-world outcomes.
- Direct and maintain trusted relationships with providers across the continuum of care.
- Bridging the gap between actionable insight and real-world action.
- Accessing the breadth and depth of knowledge across data, analytics, and clinical operations to tackle problems and identify actionable solutions.
- Using interdisciplinary teams to achieve measurable success with data science, ready-to-use technological tools and platforms and, crucially, the clinical operations experience and insight that allows true healthcare transformation and meaningful change by operating at the level of governance, culture, and process improvement.
We measure our success in patient lives saved or improved and millions of dollars saved by our partner organizations.
- Answer questions about real world clinical trends, outcomes and costs
- Develop population health and clinical operations strategies that integrate clinical trials with standards of care.
- Improve clinical trial recruitment by leveraging RWD across provider network, choosing trials that are truly of value to the patient and to the health system that manages them
- Design synthetic control arm trials using patient population insights
- Generates actionable RWE, leveraging analytics, data science, clinical and scientific expertise
- Identify, deploy and scale outcome improvement strategies for providers to test with patients leveraging our expertise, e.g., hospital operational expertise.
Health Catalyst is committed to incite massive, sustained improvements in healthcare outcomes. We are the leaders in a new era of advanced predictive analytics for population health and value-based care with a suite of machine learning-driven solutions, world-class outcomes-improvement expertise, and an unparalleled ability to unleash and integrate data from across the healthcare ecosystem. We measure our success in patient lives saved or improved and millions of dollars saved by our partner organizations.