Capacity Planning Tool
Forecast your local COVID-19 demand in the context of your system capacity, supplies, and staffing—and the subsequent impact of infection rates on care delivery capacity—to set expectations and inform mitigation strategy:
- Built on the outstanding Penn Med epidemic model—with additional features.
- Forecast infections based upon actual county level data and dynamic infection spread rates (Empirical Model).
- Easily manage multiple scenarios.
- Overlay demand forecasts on your capacity (beds and ventilators).
- Compare model estimates to actuals.
- Estimate demand for personal protective equipment (PPE) and staff.
- Export assumptions and results for further use.
The COVID-19 Capacity Planning Tool is an epidemiologic approach to capacity management based on modeling the outbreak in local communities—and the subsequent impact of infection rates on the healthcare systems’ ability to respond in terms of beds, ventilators, staff, PPE, etc.—all designed to fit within the decision flow of hospital leaders, operators, and analysts.