Health Catalyst Key Values
To be the catalyst for massive, measurable, data-informed healthcare improvement
HEALTH CATALYST’S CULTURAL ATTRIBUTES: CONTINUOUS LEARNING, HARDWORKING, HUMBLE, AND WORLD-CLASS
When we were first forming Health Catalyst, we got some good advice: make a list of beliefs and values we didn’t want to change. That list translates today into the Health Catalyst culture:
OUR PEOPLE ARE CONTINUOUS LEARNERS
We hire people who are smart, who love to learn and pick up new skills quickly, independently and with little direction. We don’t have to reinvent the wheel with each solution we develop, but we also know that an off-the-shelf wheel won’t be the perfect fit every time. So we encourage our people to actively find and pursue innovative solutions that truly solve the problem … and more.
- I can learn from anyone.
- I love to learn, and I am a lifelong student.
- I recognize my mistakes and correct them quickly; I fail fast.
- I am open to and respond favorably to feedback and coaching.
- I value my autonomy and use it to gain new knowledge and skills.
- I recognize that diversity of perspectives leads to better decisions.
- I am self-aware and seek improvement, personally and professionally.
- I watch, listen, and learn from others; thank them for their teachings; and apply the teachings to the mastery of my profession.
OUR PEOPLE ARE HARDWORKING
Each time we work with a new client, we start by setting a deadline for implementing our platform, and we stick to it until the job is done. Sometimes this means doing more than we were contracted for – and that’s fine. Our team members are willing to do what it takes to get the job done right so that every customer succeeds.
- I have a deep commitment to massive healthcare improvement.
- I stick to the task until the job is completed, then take on new work.
- I lead a balanced, healthy life that enables me to sustain my pace
- I am willing to contribute more than my fair share to a project.
- I make personal sacrifices, as needed, to get the work done.
- I recognize that not every part of my job will be fun.
OUR PEOPLE ARE HUMBLE
We give credit where it’s due. And often the credit for a really amazing idea goes to our clients and team members. Our company was built on humility. We appreciate praise and accolades but we never want these wins to blind us to the fact that our own success comes from everyone around us. Without them, we wouldn’t be where we are today.
- I listen first.
- I assume positive intent.
- I ask for help when I need it.
- I serve others without looking for recognition.
- I am secure in my own abilities (quiet self-confidence).
- I seek to improve myself before trying to improve others.
- I am excited when others succeed and I offer sincere praise.
- I often acknowledge others for their contributions to my success.
- I frequently express gratitude and appreciation to those around me
OUR PEOPLE ARE WORLD-CLASS
We don’t just aim to get a job done—we aim to set an industry-leading standard for excellence in each endeavor. Our team members take pride in the Health Catalyst brand, and their commitment to world-class performance shines through in our products and services and who we are as organization.
- I strive to be the best in the world at what I do by continually learning.
- I recognize the importance of excellence in pursuit of our mission.
- I am well informed about events & trends in healthcare, data & analytics.
- I actively contribute to the company’s pursuit of excellence—in the data and analytics technology we build, in the domain expertise we provide, and in the functions that support this important work.
Our Operating Principles
- We are deeply committed to enabling our clients to achieve and sustain measurable clinical, financial, and operational improvements.
- We nurture deep, long-term partnerships because achieving and sustaining improvement is a transformational journey (not a quick trip)
- We pragmatically balance the vision, priority, and pace of innovation for data and analytics technology. We prioritize innovations that accelerate improvement.
- We attract, develop, & retain experts who know best practice in their domain, leverage analytics for insight, & accelerate adoption for sustained improvement.
- We are accountable, as owners, to enable our customers’ measurable improvements.
- We make decisions that balance and optimize the interests of our teammates, customers, patients, and owners.
- We avoid an entitlement mentality and are good stewards of our assets.
- We don’t micro-manage and we encourage autonomy while also supporting scalable and consistency.
- We recognize the immeasurable value of every individual.
- We listen carefully to one another and learn from each of our colleagues.
- We care deeply about our colleagues, including teammates, customers, patients, and owners.
- We benefit from one another’s diverse backgrounds and experiences.
- We courageously tell the truth and we face the truth.
- We are the same company, culture, and people in all settings.
- We treat confidential information appropriately, and we protect the private data of our customers’ patients.
- We recommend the best solutions for our customers, whether or not those solutions come from Health Catalyst.
Are my daily decisions consistent with these prioritized operating principles?