Why Healthcare Costing Matters to Enable Strategy and Financial Performance
In this webinar Steve Vance, SVP, Professional Services, Health Catalyst will explore different costing methodologies and discuss why activity-based costing is the preferable method to manage margins because it directly ties services to their costs. Many healthcare organizations base their costs on generalized drivers such as relative value units (RVUs) through their chargemaster rather than on specific activities associated with their services, leading to inaccurate assumptions and poor decisions. Attend this webinar to learn:
- Why activity-based costing should be your core tool for improving financial performance.
- The differences and implications between costing methodologies.
- How to leverage data from an Electronic Data Warehouse (EDW) and automate processes while improving accuracy.
- Ways that you can make strategic decisions using clinical and operational data when tied to costing data.
- Activity-based costing use cases such as:
- Contract negotiations
- Pricing decisions
- Population Health Management (PHM)
- Process improvement efforts