Using Data To Improve Patient Safety: A Two-Part Discussion
As healthcare organizations continue to experience expenses growing faster than revenues, value based care, and consumer transparency of costs and quality, patient safety will be an important determinant of success. This session will describe the sociotechnical attributes of a safe system, the challenges, the barriers and opportunities, and how to use data and your culture of safety as a powerful tool to drive down adverse events. Attendees will learn:
- Why patient safety and quality are important.
- How data can help improve patient safety.
- The history of patient safety and where we are today.
- What components make up a safety analytics culture.
- How the internal safety culture directly impacts patient safety metrics.
- To describe basic guidelines for improving a safety culture with analytics.