The Case for Advanced Activity-Based Costing: How Cost Accounting Technology Must Evolve to Meet the Future of Value-Based Care
- How are you preparing for value-based care and capitated payment models?
- Why should advanced costing improvements be a significant component of that preparation?
- What are the current costing tools on the market, and why do they potentially lead to bad decision making? Why are these tools not up to par?
- While many are claiming activity-based costing, what approach is really necessary to achieve the reality of activity-based costing?
- How does a more advanced costing system change your ability to make decisions? What are some specific examples of ways your decision making improved since you implemented advanced costing?
- What benefits do you envision in the future as a result of switching to activity-based costing? What competitive advantages do you see as a result?