Six Ways an EDW Can Fail
Join Steven C. Barlow, co-founder and Senior Vice President of Health Catalyst for a discussion on what works and what doesn’t in creating a healthcare enterprise data warehouse. During the session Steve will share his experiences and identify six missteps that many failed projects have in common. Attendees will learn:
- How to identify your financial and clinical needs and how a healthcare data warehouse can address them.
- The importance of executive sponsorship and engagement throughout the process.
- The critical need to create multidisciplinary, frontline teams—comprised of clinicians, technologists, analysts and quality personnel—in the design and deployment process.
- How to avoid the “Boil-the-Ocean" syndrome that results when incorporating 100% of available data in favor of a prioritized approach that gradually improves quality and cost.
- A pragmatic approach to creating the ideal healthcare data warehouse by using data already available.
- How “perfect governance" becomes the enemy of progress.