The webinar is the second in a series in which Dr. Haughom will expand upon the challenges with patient safety and quality in today's modern healthcare system. First brought to light in the Institute of Medicine's (IOM) publication of "To Err is Human: Building a Safer Health System", the situation has only grown more complex since that seminal report. With the total cost of preventable adverse events at as much as $29 billion, preventable readmissions at $17 billion, and preventable medication errors at $16.4 billion, these are all examples of terrible medical waste that must be eliminated. In this webinar, Dr. Haughom covers:
1. The categories of patient safety and adverse events
2. The 5 types of quality problems
3. The problem of practice variation
4. The limitations of human learning and retention
5. Healthcare as a complex adaptive system
6. The need for a better system
Whether you are on the go or have time for a deep dive, we offer multiple ways to view the content.