Transformational Mindset - Texas Children's Hospital
Proven by many more than just these three health systems, the healthcare transformation principles are adaptions of W. Edwards Deming’s variation reduction principles applied to healthcare by Dr. David Burton and Health Catalyst co-founder, Tom Burton.
TRANSFORMATIONAL MINDSET PRINCIPLES
1. Analytics – Inform clinical decisions with insight about critical care delivery workflow, and automate the distribution of that insight
2. Best Practices – deliver optimal care at the right time every time using evidence-based guidelines, intervention criteria, referral criteria, diagnostic algorithms, order sets, and workflow checklists.
3. Adoption – Establish widespread use of outcomes improvement care practices through proven team member training critical to results at scale.
4. Adaptive Leadership Culture and Governance – Create C-level outcomes improvement champions empowered with measurement metrics to change culture and establish a data governance process
5. Financial Alignment – Deliver optimal patient results in light of the fluctuating payer and provider payment models
Wish you knew how your organization measures against these recommended principles? Take this assessment and score your organization. Plus, you’ll have a report to share with others within your organization. https://oira.healthcatalyst.com/