Venous Thrombo-Embolism VTE Prevention
The VTE Prevention Advanced Application helps teams assess VTE rates associated with hospital admissions and monitor VTE prevention practices. VTE includes pulmonary embolism (PE) and deep vein thrombosis (DVT). In-Development
- Improved ability to identify and reduce variation in VTE prophylaxis.
- Increased ability to identify patients at risk of VTE.
- Increased use of VTE prophylaxis in high-risk patients
- Reduced incidence of VTE-related events in admitted patients.
- Reduced rates of VTE-related readmissions.
- Analyze hospital-acquired VTE cases (incidence, unit, procedure, etc.), readmissions, mortality, and other indicators to stratify risk and prioritize areas for improvement.
- Increase the percentage of high-risk patients receiving recommended prophylaxis.
- Increase the percentage of patients receiving recommended prophylaxis within 24 hours of admission.
- Increase the use of recommended VTE prophylaxis.
- Reduce hospital-acquired VTE cases.
- Reduce VTE-associated readmissions.
- Reduce VTE-associated length of stay (LOS).