Patient Experience Explorer
Patient Experience Explorer delivers multiple, robust views into the data your patients are providing about their healthcare experience. Whether it is summary performance scores for executive leaders, survey results with goals and percentiles for unit managers or survey details for individual providers, this application delivers the information your organization will need in order to understand and improve on the safety, physical comfort, education and other aspects of care being provided to your patients.
- Collect, aggregate, and display data from multiple patient survey types in one application
- Connect survey data to other operational or clinical indicators.
- Bookmark preferred views that correspond to the informational needs of different audiences.
- Filter by date, questionnaire, patient demographic (age, gender, ethnicity), location and provider, etc. to target answers to questions about the patient experience in your system.
- Easily see trends, goals and percentiles, and access detailed responses
Collect and display data from multiple patient survey types.
- Users are given an overview of the surveys used, scores generated, and trends detected. This allows exploration of patient responses per survey sections and questions, by hospital unit, clinical program, location and provider. Filtering for questions related to CMS HCAHPS scores, review results based on priority questions identified for your system and gauge performance against organization goals.
Connect survey data to other operational or clinical indicators.
- The essentials layer delivers providers the opportunity to add other key indicators to the survey data in support of a more complete understanding of the issues impacting a patient’s care experience: LOS, comorbidity count, admit diagnosis, discharge department etc.
Bookmarks provide quick access to user’s preferred view.
- Customers are often looking for solutions that meet the informational needs of multiple audiences. This application allows users to bookmark their preferred view(s) of the patient survey data for easy access, minimizing the need for custom reporting.
Questions and categories from these patient experience surveys are handled by the typical deployment:
- Hospital In patient
- Emergency Department
- Data comes from the EMR and experience survey tools (e.g., Press Ganey, NRC Picker, etc.).
Patient experience surveys are an integral part of the healthcare industry’s transition to value-based care. Surveys are being deployed in more care environments and included in more regulatory programs, making it increasingly important that healthcare providers use robust analytic tools in order to gain clear insights from their patient survey data. Patient Experience Explorer supports informed care improvement decisions by exposing summary and detailed patient survey data and linking this information to other key clinical indicators, helping providers identify and address the effect of process change on the patient experience
What type of problems does Patient Experience Explorer address?
The basic, static performance reports survey vendors make available to their customers do not address the desires of most healthcare providers for detailed, dynamic views into their patient experience survey data. Addressing this reporting gap requires the provider to shoulder an additional analytics burden (or additional reporting module costs) that usually results in labor-intensive processes to produce the custom – but still static – reports. Adding other clinical indicators – length of stay, payer type, intervention actions, etc. – to patient experience reports requires still further effort (or costs). These obstacles limit the ability of many healthcare organizations to fully explore and understand patient experience survey data, thereby limiting the improvement efforts.
This app is intended for hospital and health system administrators, unit managers, clinical and operations directors, clinical program guidance teams, and operational guidance teams.
- Collect, aggregate and display survey data in a format that is easy to consume, analyze and is actionable.
- Further enhance the power of the survey data by linking to other operational, clinical indicators and patient demographics data
Success Measure Example
- Identify trends, goals and percentiles in areas of strategic importance according to organizations priority matrix
- Identify departmental and service line opportunities
- Identify targets for improvements based on patient demographics, clinical indicators, locations, volumes or case mixes.
- Improved integration of data into clinical and operational improvement initiatives by 25%
- 25% improvement in utilization of analytic application
- 100% transparency of performance across organization
- 90% decrease in use of vendor portals
- 15% reduction in report generation and distribution