Department Explorer: Emergency Services
The Department Explorer: Emergency Services application provides multiple views of data paramount for the efficient day to day operation of a pediatric or adult Emergency Department of any size, volume band, academic affiliation or geographical location. The Emergency Services application provides data necessary to track, trend and predict resources needed in the delivery of quality emergency care. Allowing users to identify and quantify areas of opportunity in throughput, ancillary resource allocation, utilization and quality. In-Development
- Decreased total emergency department length of stay.
- Improved efficiency of ED throughput times.
- Decrease the number of patients who left without being seen (LWBS).
- Track and trend resources needed to deliver emergency care.
- Identify and quantify areas of opportunity in throughput, ancillary resource allocation, utilization, and quality.
- Increase ability to identify sub-cycles of overall length of stay in the emergency department.
- General Ledger (optional)
Emergency departments continue to struggle with volumes that exceed bed capacity. CMS has identified this capacity problem as a patient safety issue, mandating specific throughput metrics to help identify barriers to efficient care delivery.
Waits, delays, and interruptions are so common in Emergency Departments that patients and clinicians regard them as a normal part of receiving and providing care. Obtaining actionable data necessary for demand/capacity management is challenging, particularly trying to forecast demand while managing capacity. Procuring appropriate, reliable data to help inform a surge capacity plan remains elusive.
Emergency department leadership have ability to track throughput data by year, month, day, day of week, hour to maintain and improve patient throughput.
- Identify potential changes to staffing matrix based on patient arrival and volume patterns
- Decrease patient arrival to provider time by x%.*
- Decrease emergency department provider to disposition time by x%.*
- Decrease admit disposition to patient admit time (departure from emergency department) by x%.*
- Decrease disposition to departure time by x%.*
- Decrease total emergency department length of stay by x %.*
*percent set by client