The Colorectal Surgery Advanced Application provides data focused on colon cancer prevalence and screening rates, operating room (OR) efficiency, and perioperative practices that optimize recovery after surgery.
- Increased ability to identify and track performance indicators for overall OR efficiency
- Increased use of perioperative practices that optimize recovery for colorectal surgery patients
- Reduced length of stay (LOS) for patients undergoing colorectal surgery to treat colon cancer
- General Ledger
- Identify colon cancer prevalence by zip code to prioritize education and community outreach on colon cancer screenings.
- Analyze the relationship between on-time OR starts and OR costs.
- Quantify the cost savings of reduced LOS for colorectal surgery because of perioperative practices that optimize recovery.
- Reduce the time from diagnosis to surgery.
- Increase the percentage of on-time OR starts.
- Increase the percentage of patients that follow an Enhanced Recovery After Surgery (ERAS) pathway.
- Decrease LOS for patients undergoing colorectal surgery for colon cancer.
- Decrease OR costs.
- Improve patient satisfaction for patients diagnosed with colon cancer.