Healthcare Analytics Summit 2017 Launches with Record Attendance
SALT LAKE CITY — September 12, 2017 — The fourth annual Healthcare Analytics Summit™ (HAS 17), the industry’s leading conference on data- and analytics-driven outcomes improvement, kicked off today with a record of more than 1,100 attendees from hospitals and healthcare organizations across the country. The conference will continue through Sept. 14 at the Grand America Hotel in Salt Lake City.
Supporting the conference’s theme of “Changing the Digital Trajectory of Healthcare,” keynote speakers will present healthcare and non-healthcare analytics case studies and will cover a diverse set of topics including leadership best practices. They include:
- Tom Davenport, distinguished professor, advisor, and author of 17 books including “Competing on Analytics,” named by Harvard Business Review as one of the 12 most important management ideas of the decade.
- Eric J. Topol, MD, renowned author of “The Patient Will See You Now,” and “The Creative Destruction of Medicine”, and director of the Scripps Translational Science Institute.
- Maureen Bisognano, President Emerita and Senior Fellow, the Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI).
- David B. Nash, MD, Founding Dean of the Jefferson College of Population Health, and repeatedly named to Modern Healthcare’s list of Most Powerful Persons in Healthcare..
- Robert A. DeMichiei, Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of UPMC, the University of Pittsburg Medical Center.
In addition to these nationally recognized keynote speakers, HAS 17 will feature 32 educational, case study and technical breakout sessions; unique tools and time for networking; as well as fun and interactive “ah-ha” learning experiences. The Summit is highly educational and comes with a guarantee of “no selling” for attendees.
“Continuing the HAS focus on learning and sharing ideas, this year the conference will present a strategic long-term vision of the massively growing importance of data to accelerate the pace of clinical, operational, and financial outcomes in healthcare,” said Paul Horstmeier, Chief Operating Officer of Health Catalyst, the conference host. “Interest in changing the digital trajectory of healthcare keeps growing and the Summit continues to be a gathering place of the brightest analytic minds and a springboard for innovation and inspiration. Attendees at HAS 17 will examine how digitization is driving a paradigm shift in which data and analytics have become the central and most strategic functions of healthcare organizations of all sizes.”
New This Year
HAS 17 includes numerous new features this year, such as pre-summit events for Health Catalyst clients, and the day-and-a-half-long Health Catalyst University, with courses open to everyone. Additional new features at HAS 17 include:
- The Care Management Show is a light-hearted jaunt through the world of population health. This fun, audience-interactive, 15-minute live performance will be shown four times and demonstrates how technology pared with active care management teams should work in an ideal world.
- Hollywood Squares game show is a live production of the 1960’s hit, featuring nine expert panelists covering three topic areas: health management, technology in healthcare, and financial transformation in healthcare.
- “A Coalition of the Willing: Data-Driven Population Health and Complex Care Innovation in Low-Income Communities,” is an original documentary exploring ‘hot spotting,’ the delivery of care to the most complex patients, which effectively scales care management across tens of thousands of patients using data as a critical component to optimize resources and make healthcare sustainable.
Analytics A to Z
Unlike other conferences where analytics is one of many tracks, HAS 17 is dedicated entirely to the groundbreaking application of analytics, including big data, predictive analytics, real time decision support, genomic personalized medicine, machine learning, and text analytics within healthcare settings. The general presentations and focused breakout sessions provide valuable peer-driven learning and dialogue for a range of healthcare professionals whether they are just starting down the analytics path, are in the middle of adopting analytics, or are advanced health systems looking to accelerate their adoption of analytics.
As with the previous HAS conferences, analytics is at the core of everything at HAS 17, with an immersive experience unlike any other conference. Each attendee will have access to the conference mobile app to provide poll answers that speakers will react to in real time, as well as presenter-directed questions that the audience can vote up. A team of staff analysts will share meaningful insights from summit data throughout the conference, creating a more substantive, engaging experience.
Back by popular demand, the Analytics Walkabout and dinner will feature 24 provider-led projects highlighting a variety of clinical, financial, operational and workflow analytics and outcomes improvement successes. The casual setting encourages interaction between attendees and the project leaders.
For more information and to register for HAS 17, visit https://hasummit.com/.
About Health Catalyst
Health Catalyst is a next-generation data, analytics, and decision-support company, committed to being a catalyst for massive, sustained improvements in healthcare outcomes. We are the leaders in a new era of advanced predictive analytics for population health and value-based care with a suite of machine learning-driven solutions, decades of outcomes-improvement expertise, and an unparalleled ability to integrate data from across the healthcare ecosystem. Our proven data warehousing and analytics platform helps improve quality, add efficiency and lower costs in support of more than 85 million patients for organizations ranging from the largest US health system to forward-thinking physician practices. Our technology and professional services can help you keep patients engaged and healthy in their homes and workplaces, and we can help you optimize care delivery to those patients when it becomes necessary. We are grateful to be recognized by Fortune, Gallup, Glassdoor, Modern Healthcare and a host of others as a Best Place to Work in technology and healthcare. Visit www.healthcatalyst.com, and follow us on Twitter (@HealthCatalyst), LinkedIn and Facebook.