Health Catalyst Adds Keynote Speakers, New Sessions, and Expands Attendee Limit for Healthcare Analytics Summit 2014
Early Savings discounts end Friday, Aug. 1 for conference focused on leveraging the power of analytics to improve health care while lowering costs
SALT LAKE CITY – July 30, 2014 –The Healthcare Analytics Summit 2014 (HAS ‘14) at The Grand American Hotel in Salt Lake City, Sept. 24-25 has added four keynote speakers representing some of most respected healthcare organizations in the U.S. and beyond. HAS ‘14, powered by Health Catalyst, is an industry conference devoted exclusively to providing immersive learning experiences on the topic of healthcare analytics which is increasingly being seen as a critical factor in the growing area of ACO and population health management solutions.
The new keynote speakers are:
- Penny Ann Wheeler, MD, President and Chief Clinical Officer of Allina Health, Minneapolis
- Charles Macias, MD, MPH, Chief Clinical Integration Officer, Texas Children’s Hospital, Houston
- David A Burton, MD, Former Chairman and CEO, Health Catalyst
The new keynote speakers will join previously announced HAS ‘14 keynote speakers, all visionaries in the creation and application of analytics: Billy Beane, General Manager of the Oakland Athletics major league baseball team; Ray Kurzweil, Director of Engineering for Google and a leading futurist; Mike Leavitt , Founder and Chairman of Leavitt Partners and former Secretary of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services; James Merlino, MD, Chief Experience Officer of the Cleveland Clinic; and Glenn D. Steele Jr. MD, PhD, President and CEO of Geisinger Health System.
New Sessions and Speakers
HAS ’14 also has added additional content to its educational program that addresses the new and emerging needs of hospitals, health systems and other healthcare organizations. New sessions focus on ways to reduce waste, improve population health management, engage physicians in quality improvement, and drive ROI from IT projects. They include:
- “A Third Party Analyst Review of the Healthcare Analytics Market,” by Jim Adams, Executive Director, the Advisory Board Company.
- “Best Practices in Waste Reduction and Patient Safety,” by Greg Stock, Chief Executive Officer, Thibodaux Medical Center, Thibodaux, LA.
- “A Structured Approach to Population Health (Physician Group Example),” by Greg Spencer, MD, Chief Medical Officer and Chief Medical Information Officer, Crystal Run Healthcare, Middletown, NY.
- “A Structured Approach to Population Health (Large System Example),” by Sreekanth Chaguturu, MD, Vice President, Population Health Management, Partners HealthCare, Boston.
- “How to Make Data a Strategic, C-Level Initiative (A Smaller System Example),” by Gene Thomas, Vice President and Chief Information Officer, Memorial Hospital Gulfport, Gulfport, MS.
- “Getting Physician Engagement,” by Christopher D Spahr, MD, Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin, Milwaukee.
- “Getting a Financial ROI out of your Healthcare IT projects,” by John Henderson, Director of Enterprise Systems, Texas Children’s Hospital, Houston.
“We are delighted to add these distinguished new keynote and session speakers to the HAS ‘14 agenda to give summit attendees the opportunity to learn from leading experts and organizations who will share their knowledge and experience on the relationship between analytics and the new business realities of healthcare,” said Paul Horstmeier, Senior Vice President of Health Catalyst, the conference’s organizer. “Additionally, due to early high registration numbers, we’ve also raised the registration limit to accommodate organizations that wish to bring multiple team members to the conference.”
Unlike other conferences where analytics is one of many tracks, the Healthcare Analytics Summit 2014 is dedicated entirely to the groundbreaking application of analytics within healthcare settings. The general presentations and focused breakout sessions will provide valuable peer-driven learning and dialogue for a range of healthcare professionals whether they are just starting down the analytics path, are in the middle of adopting analytics, or are advanced health systems looking to accelerate their adoption of analytics.
For a complete list of keynote and session speakers, go to: www.hasummit.com/speakers/
Early Savings End This Friday, Aug. 1
The Early Savings discounts for HAS ’14 expire this Friday. Early Savings registrants receive $100 off for single registrants; $500 off for a team of three; and $1000 off for a team of five.
Unlike other industry conferences, HAS ’14 will deliver an immersive experience for attendees, with analytics at the core of everything. Each attendee will have access to a mobile app to provide poll answers, questions and comments that speakers will incorporate into their presentations in real time. A team of staff analysts will share meaningful insights from summit data throughout the conference in group settings and on attendees’ mobile devices, creating a more substantive, engaging experience.
About The Healthcare Analytics Summit 2014
The Healthcare Analytics Summit 2014, powered by Health Catalyst, is the industry’s first conference devoted exclusively to providing immersive learning experiences on the topic of healthcare analytics. Join top executives and professionals from around the U.S. for a memorable educational summit on one of the most pressing topics in healthcare today. HAS ’14 brings together national experts in analytics from a variety of fields, while immersing participants in a unique, analytics-driven experience, adjusting and interacting with the conference in real time, accelerating their ability to apply analytics best practices within their own organizations. For more information, visit www.HASummit.com.