SAM Designer Provides a Simple, Visual User Experience for Creating and Deploying Custom Data Marts in the EDW.
In the past, pulling information out of various source systems to perform calculations was a time-consuming, manual task that required specialized IT knowledge. It could take months to build an individual Subject Area Mart in an EDW and start getting answers to questions.
Subject Area Mart (SAM) Designer simplifies that process. By relying on the metadata captured by Health Catalyst’s metadata-driven ETL engine when a source system is loaded into the EDW, SAM Designer pulls relevant data into a Subject Area Mart and filters out anything not needed. Analysts then run calculations on that data and create visualizations that reflect the results.
- Create or modify Subject Area Marts
- Manage the lifecycle of Subject Area Marts
- Create Subject Area Mart definitions
- Search the metadata of existing Subject Area Marts
SAM Designer provides a simple, visual user experience for creating and deploying Subject Area Marts. Clinicians and data architects actively work together to build a Subject Area Mart, which can often be built in just one day, and the organization starts realizing value immediately.
- Standard: Maintain Subject Area Marts purchased from Health Catalyst
- Professional: Design and deploy Subject Area Marts not purchased from Health Catalyst