Instant Data Entry Application
Deploy a Custom Data-Collection App in a Matter of Minutes
Sometimes a source system doesn’t include a slice of data you need. Use the Instant Data Entry Application (IDEA) to build and deploy custom web applications to collect it. Data entered flows right into the Late-Binding™ Data Warehouse.
You can create as many applications as you need, manage them in a central place, and set up mappings and lookup lists to scale for enterprise needs.
IDEA Applications Can:
- Fill gaps in the data-collection process
- Serve as a temporary stopgap measure to collect data while a permanent solution is being implemented
- Capture custom lists and hierarchies required for reporting
- Collect data for research and quality improvement initiatives
IDEA applications are iPad and tablet friendly:
- Create and deploy applications in minutes
- Initiate research or improvement projects without requesting IT to build a custom application
- Don’t have to purchase another product
In practice, through the right culture, IDEA has the ability to end department-level, Excel-based data collection.
A JSON REST API provides programmatic access to create, read, and write IDEA applications from any client.
Extend the IDEA API to other tools, including QlikView, BO, Cognos, and more. Users update existing data based on what they see in the presentation layer.
Ways Catalyst Clients Are Using IDEA
Supplement Missing Data in a Source System
Organize or Group Data
Create a Standalone Data-Capture System