Your Window Into the EDW
Atlas is a web-based, user-friendly index of metadata stored in the EDW. Information about columns is generally loaded from source-system data dictionaries and enhanced by subject-matter experts. Use Atlas to search, browse, and analyze that data.
Discover Information within the EDW
A keyword search combs each data mart, table, and column in the metadata repository to show:
- The source and lineage of data
- How often it’s updated
- Data examples, samples, and types
- Descriptions of the physical data tables and columns
- Any known data quality issues
- Contact information for data stewards
Curate the Data
Atlas’s wiki-style contribution model encourages users to:
- Add notes about data and data sources
- Review and refine metadata in the EDW
- Create and edit descriptions for objects in the data warehouse
- Make comments
- Create a self-sufficient community
Track the Most Up-to-Date Data
Data in the EDW updates daily. RSS feeds alert you to changes.
Manage Access Rights
Data stewards – subject-matter experts in a particular data mart – manage access rights, evaluate and improve data quality, and answer questions about the data.