A robust data analytics operation is necessary for healthcare systems’ survival. Just like any business, the analytics enterprise needs to be well managed using the principles of successful business operations. This article walks through how to run an analytics operation like a business using the following five-question framework:
- Who does the analytics team serve and what are those customers trying to do?
- What services does the analytics team provide to help customers accomplish their goals?
- How does the analytics team know they’re doing a great job and how do they communicate that effectively to the leadership team?
- What is the most efficient way to provide analytics services?
- What is the most effective way to organize?