Healthcare providers knew that COVID-19 would threaten the lives of their patients, but few understood the greater ripple effects across their business and industry as a whole. For providers, two significant COVID-19-induced challenges arose: analytic strain and resource limitations. These challenges highlighted the critical importance of data quality. Healthcare leaders can improve data quality throughout their organizations by understanding the data quality lessons learned from COVID-19. Five guidelines from these lessons will help organizations prepare for the next pandemic or significant analytic use case:
- Assess data quality throughout the pipeline.
- Do not leave analysts to firefight.
- Look outside the four walls of the organization.
- Data context and purpose matters.
- Use a singular vision to scale data quality.