To succeed in improving outcomes and lowering costs, care management leaders must begin by selecting the patients most likely to benefit from their programs. To identify the right high-risk and rising-risk patients, care managers need data from across the continuum of care and tools to help them access that knowledge when they need it. Analytics-driven technology helps care managers identify patients for their programs and manage their care to improve outcomes and lower costs in six key ways:
- Identifies rising-risk patients.
- Uses a specific social determinant assessment to capture factors beyond claims data.
- Integrates EMR data to achieve quality measures.
- Identifies patients for palliative or hospice care.
- Identifies patients with chronic conditions.
- Increases patient engagement.