Patient Safety, Health IT and Getting to the Bottom of all-cause harm: 10 Articles at the Intersection of Patient Care and Technology
Hospital and health system leaders looking to establish a comprehensive and effective safety culture are turning to technology to help get to the bottom of all-cause harm, reduce errors and improve outcomes.
This e-book, titled “Patient Safety, Health IT and Getting to the Bottom of All-Cause Harm: 10 Articles at the Intersection of Patient Care and Technology,” comprises multiple articles that examine recently launched patient safety solutions, strategies to reduce hospital readmissions and tactics for mitigating discrepancies in all-cause harm reporting.
This is your “go-to” resource guide of success stories, strategies, and best practice recommendations for:
- Improving patient safety through technology that detects risk for safety events in advance, giving clinicians time to intervene.
- How hospitals are reducing readmissions.
- Mitigating the patient safety, clinical, and business risks of nurse overtime and burnout.
- Enhancing early warning systems in labor and delivery departments and reducing maternal mortality and morbidity with artificial intelligence.
- Easing the pain of data integration for hospitals and medical manufacturers as master data management becomes a necessity.
- All-cause harm reporting and issues with measurement.