Health Catalyst Named One of Best Places to Work in IT
Health Catalyst has been named among the top places to work in IT in 2017. The honor comes from IDG’s Computerworld, the largest enterprise media brand for business technology professionals. The digital magazine and website ranks Health Catalyst 17th among small organizations on the Computerworld Best Places to Work in IT list.
“As technology moves to the strategic center of every business, the ability of the enterprise to attract and retain skilled IT talent has become critically important,” says Ken Mingis, executive editor of Computerworld. “The 100 organizations on our 2017 Best Places to Work in IT list keep their tech employees happy and engaged by offering generous salaries, top-notch benefits, continuous training, and access to cutting-edge technologies. In empowering their tech workforce, these firms gain competitive advantage, and we applaud them for their achievements.”
Health Catalyst is a mission-driven data warehousing, analytics, and outcomes improvement company based in Salt Lake City, Utah, with close to 500 employees. The organization matches Mingis’s best-places-to-work description, with a culture that prioritizes a well-compensated, engaged workforce and encourages a healthy work-life balance.
According to Health Catalyst team members (who are considered “owners” in recognition of their individual contributions), the organization ranks among the Best Places to Work in IT for reasons ranging from work-life balance and health and wellness to professional development:
- Above-market compensation.
- Great work-life balance, thanks to unlimited PTO, company holidays, a work-from-home policy, and maternity and paternity leave.
- Companywide bonus structure.
- Fitness benefits, including onsite gym with fitness classes.
- Education/training reimbursement.
- Transparency from upper management.
- Generous benefits (such as matching 401K) and affordable healthcare coverage with an HSA match.
- Family-friendly company events.
- Internet and cell phone reimbursement.
With the Computerworld recognition, Health Catalyst adds to its list of best-places-to-work honors. Previous awards include “Best Place to Work for Millennials,” “Best Place to Work for Women in Utah,” and, for three consecutive years, “Best Places to Work in Healthcare.”
Behind the Top 100
Since 1994, Computerworld’s annual Best Places to Work in IT feature has ranked the top 100 work environments for technology professionals. The list is compiled based on a comprehensive questionnaire about company offerings in categories such as benefits, career development, training, and retention. In addition, Computerworld conducts extensive surveys of IT workers, and their responses factor heavily in determining the rankings. Each year, 100 organizations are selected by the Computerworld editorial team to receive this award.
The Best Places to Work in IT list appears in the June 12th digital edition of Computerworld and online at Computerworld.com.
Would you like to learn more about this topic? Here are some articles we suggest:
- Health Catalyst Named a Best Place to Work for Women in Utah
- Health Catalyst Named a “Best Place to Work for Millennials”
- Fortune Ranks Health Catalyst One of 30 Best Workplaces in U.S. Technology Industry
- How We Really Feel About Working at Health Catalyst
- Health Catalyst Named Best Place to Work in US Healthcare for Third Year in a Row