Prepare for COVID-19
Plan, train, and educate so you’re ready to act in the event of an escalation of COVID-19.
Capacity Planning Tool
Forecast your local COVID-19 demand in the context of your system capacity, supplies, and staffing—and the subsequent impact of infection rates on care delivery capacity—to set expectations and inform mitigation strategy:
- Built on the outstanding Penn Med epidemic model—with additional features.
- Forecast infections based upon actual county level data and dynamic infection spread rates (Empirical Model).
- Easily manage multiple scenarios.
- Overlay demand forecasts on your capacity (beds and ventilators).
- Compare model estimates to actuals.
- Estimate demand for personal protective equipment (PPE) and staff.
- Export assumptions and results for further use.
The COVID-19 Capacity Planning Tool is an epidemiologic approach to capacity management based on modeling the outbreak in local communities—and the subsequent impact of infection rates on the healthcare systems’ ability to respond in terms of beds, ventilators, staff, PPE, etc.—all designed to fit within the decision flow of hospital leaders, operators, and analysts.
Patient & Staff Tracker
Access reports that track the location of COVID-19 patients within the health system—and which staff members they have interacted with—to inform:
- Quarantine efforts.
- Decontamination activities.
Patient & Staff Tracker is a tailored module of Health Catalyst’s Patient Flow Analytics Accelerator, and this technology is available to all health system clients at no incremental cost, with any associated additional services offered at a discounted rate, through the end of 2020.
Patient Safety Monitor™ Application: Public Health
Leverage Health Catalyst’s DOS™ platform for enhanced biosurveillance monitoring and analytics of patients at the initial point of patient contact with the healthcare organization:
- Identify and flag unusual symptom/clinical test patterns that could represent illness.
- Respond quickly to aid in an effective public health response and management infectious agents.
- Enable hospital epidemiologists and infection control personnel to perform local, rapid, and preliminary assessments of patient-level clinical data and determine whether that information is significant to their healthcare system’s biosurveillance programs.
COVID-19 surveillance triggers belong to the Patient Safety Monitor™ Application’s newly released public health unit; these are additional to triggers previously released as part of the all-cause harm unit.
Patient Safety Launch Solution: COVID-19
Launch a rapid response to emerging patient safety and public health challenges. Highly configurable and fast to deploy, the Patient Safety Launch Solution is a slimmed-down, tactical version of our full Patient Safety Solution. It includes the COVID-19 triggers in our public health unit and leverages data from numerous source systems in your healthcare system—EHRs, laboratory information systems, and more—to support your efforts to:
- Surveil and analyze clinical data to aid in situational awareness.
- Recognize patterns in signs and symptoms that may help identify cases and yield insight into COVID-19’s presentation and course.
- Conduct differential diagnosis of emerging infections.
The module allows for automated detection and analysis at both the patient and population-levels.
Touchstone™ COVID-19 National Data Sets and Registry
Analyze deidentified data from 80 million patients across the United States to conduct population-based research and derive insights about surveillance, testing, capacity planning, and treatment response:
- Use national comparative analytics to begin post-pandemic assessments.
- Derive insights to deepen and accelerate understanding of the outbreak.
- Highlight and target data quality issues.
- Inform care pathways for patient management and outcomes improvement during recovery.
- Identify indicators to inform clinical trial design, feasibility, and recruitment.
Touchstone now includes tracking data from three national sources—Johns Hopkins University, the New York Times, and The COVID Tracking Project—enabling data analysts to dig into the data not only from within their healthcare system, but also from across the country. Paired with the national COVID-19 registry, Touchstone enables deep understanding of COVID-19 treatments and outcomes.
COVID-19 Clinical Trials Tracking (MIPS) in Able Health by Health Catalyst
Track participation in COVID-related clinical trials for credit in MIPS within your existing measures-tracking workflow in Able Health.
CMS is offering MIPS-eligible providers credit in the Improvement Activities category of MIPS for participating in a COVID-related clinical trial. The MIPS Tracking functionality enables providers to attest that they participated in an eligible trial as part of their MIPS submission.
Integrated Data Platform Improves the Effectiveness of State-wide COVID-19 Surveillance
- In just two weeks, implemented a COVID-19 reporting solution, enabling robust state-wide surveillance for public health purposes.
- Dramatic reduction in the time required to implement robust public health reporting.
- Integrated COVID-19 surveillance data and analytics for more than 150 hospitals and two large diagnostic companies.
Virtual Visits and Analytics Enable Continued Delivery of Ambulatory Services During COVID-19 Pandemic
- Nearly 70X increase in the number of telehealth visits—in just two weeks. Approximately 11,000 weekly virtual health visits.
- 64 specialties providing virtual health visits—nearly 2,000 providers have completed a virtual health appointment.
- Successfully maintained pre-COVID-19 visit volumes.
Improving Population Health: Data-Driven Approach to Identifying and Engaging Patients with High Risk of Mortality from COVID-19
- Developed and deployed the algorithm for COVID-19 risk for mortality within four days. The algorithm was applied and visualized on MemorialCare’s entire ACO population.
- Within one week, the algorithm was expanded to include MemorialCare’s entire HMO population.
- 66 percent of individuals in the extremely high-risk category of MemorialCare’s ACO population were engaged by care management.
Responding and Recovering in Clinic Operations with Advanced Analytics
- In just one week, deployed integrated dashboards for managing clinic capacity, visit volume, COVID-19 mobile appointments, and telehealth appointments.
- Supported the shift of telehealth from a supplement to a primary modality, allowing its customers to lay the foundation for more comprehensive and available virtual care.
- Provided the data and analytics critical for both the ongoing management of the clinical realities of the COVID-19 pandemic, and business redesign to drive financial recovery.
Virtual Care Analytics Supports Rapid Change in Ambulatory Care Delivery
- In just one-week, deployed COVID-19 virtual visit scenario planning.
- Virtual visits now comprise more than 80 percent of all visits—40K visits in just one month.
- Efficient prioritization of the ambulatory visit backlog.
Analytic Insights Help Drive COVID-19 Financial Recovery Plan
- Integrated analytics, enabling the organization to develop a long-term surgical financial recovery plan.
- Hundreds of hours of manual data aggregation and evaluation avoided.
- Efficient prioritization of the elective surgery backlog.
Analytics Accelerates COVID-19 Elective Surgery Restart
- In just two weeks, deployed a COVID-19 elective surgery impact analysis application.
- Data-driven recovery plan with integrated clinical, financial, and operational data and analytics.
- Hundreds of hours of manual data aggregation and reporting avoided.
COVID-19 Dashboard Enables Effective Incident Command
- Seven days to develop a COVID-19 dashboard that integrates more than 60 critical metrics.
- Hundreds of hours of burdensome manual data aggregation and reporting avoided, improving the quality and timeliness of the organization to plan and respond to COVID-19.
- An integrated view of data for a health system composed of more than five hospitals and hundreds of clinics spread across more than 45 different locations, enabling effective incident management.
Rapid Response Analytics Improves COVID-19 Incident Management Effectiveness
- In just 15 minutes, developed COVID-19 registry that can be quickly updated based on the most recent evidence.
- In just 30 minutes, developed and implemented a COVID-19 analytics application.
- An integrated view of data, enabling effective incident management.